Paul J. Sturmer, Ph.D.
12 Waterboro Rd
Welcome to my practice. I have been
practicing as a psychologist in Maine
since 2000 and currently provide
psychotherapy at my office in Alfred.
This website will provide information
about me, my clinical orientation and
approach to therapy, basics about
psychotherapy, insurance information,
and contact information. Please feel
free to call or email me should you
have questions or are considering
- I provide individual and couples therapy for adults and adolescents. My treatment orientation
is cognitive-behavioral in nature meaning that we will mostly work on emotional awareness
and understanding, acceptance, and coping skills.
- I am a therapist with proficienty in treating anxiety disorders such as panic disorder and
PTSD, mood disorders such as depression and bipolar disorder, behavior problems such as
anger and impulsivity, and situational problems.
- I schedule 45-50 minute sessions. We can use a set day and time if that's mutually
agreeable or we can schedule as we go. I generally meet people every one to four weeks.
- Your insurance company will set the fee for services. If you're uninsured, I see clients on a
self-pay basis and offer a sliding fee based upon income. My hourly fee starts at $150 for the
first appointment and $120 for following 45-50 minute appointments.
- I currently accept Medicare, Mainecare, Tricare, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Harvard
Pilgrim/United Health, Aetna, Cigna, Maine Commuity Health Options, Martin's Point,
Beacon/Value Options, and Health Plans Inc.